CHRISTIANITY ON CAMPUS STORY SERIES (A CONTENT-A-THON SPECIAL) TITLE: TRUTH


"Another thursday." I muttered under my breath

I'm just twenty one but I've never had peace since I turned eighteen.

I walked up to where my friends stood discussing. I needed a conversation to drown the depressing thoughts on my mind.

"There is no such thing as Truth." Sean, my brother had said

"Here we go again." I rolled my eyes

"Jesus is Truth" Peace said

"Ah! Peace. You and religion. There is no such thing as Truth. We all just have beliefs without proof and different perspective. What is truth to you isn't truth to me." Bola snapped

Sean nodded his head. It was his way of thanking Bola for shutting Peace up.

Peace smiled and repeated "Jesus is Truth."

"You're poor, ugly, sick, ill, and immature" I heard

"Shut up." I said

My friends turned to look at me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I wasn't talking to any of you."

I was responding to the voice I've been hearing snnce I turned 18.

I walked away from where they stood to sit under a tree.

When I turned eighteen, I went to a club with my friends. I tried different kind of drugs. From that thursday evening, every thursday, I'd hear voices calling me all sort of names.
Drugs got me to this point and the voices got even louder and I can't seem to shut them up.

"Hi. Good afternoon." Peace greeted

"Hi" I responded with a 'Don't start your preaching now' look

I saw her holding a copy of the Rhapsody of Realities.

She smiled. "Emmanuel, what's going on?" 

"I want to enjoy tranquillity." I said hoping she'd leave me.

"Emmanuel, I see you. You walk with your face on the ground. You do not seem happy. You look..."

"Mind your business, Peace." I snapped

"I know you're struggling. I can help you. I have a solution..." 

"Peace, can you please keep your mouth shut?"

Peace held my hand and said "Jesus is Truth.The Word of God is that Truth you've been looking for three years. See, Emmanuel, if you turn to the truth of God's Word, your life would change and you would be set free."

She began to read the daily devotional and the article - TRUTH: REALITY BEYOND FACTS.

I couldn't stop the tear. I could tell that the Word showed me my attitude, my lifestyle.

I couldn't stop the tears flowing freely.

"Peace, what can I do to be saved?" I asked

Peace was patient with me. She told me about Truth and I learnt more about the Lord Jesus as she opened the Scriptures.

She said "I'd lead you in the prayer of salvation now."

I was willing and ready to give my heart to Christ.
I finally found the Truth I was searching for.
After she prayed for me to receive the Holy Spirit, I muttered - "Thank You, Lord Jesus." and I began to speak in tongues.



If you read to this point and you've not been born again, I invite you to make Jesus the Lord of your Life.

Say this words (in the prayer of salvation below) and mean them with all your heart. 👇

PRAYER OF SALVATION

O Lord God , I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ , son of the Living God. I believe HE died for me and God raised HIM from the dead. I believe HE is alive today . I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my Life from this day. Through HIM and in HIS Name , I have eternal Life; I'm born again. Thank YOU Lord , for saving my soul ! I'm now a child of God.
Hallelujah!

Congratulations, if you've prayed that prayer 👆
I want you to know that God heard you.
I'd love to pray with you.
Kindly reach me using KingsChat, Yookos, AtomGram, Instagram @mightyderinleu
Facebook  : OSHINOWO ANUOLUWA
You can also send a message to me using 08182202189.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

THE CHURCH GIRL(GOD IS LOVE)