THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)


The pretty girl syndrome
(Alyssa)
"Alyssa? Who bears Alyssa? Even my name isn't pretty." she whined.
She took her phone, opened the Snapchat app, and tried using different filters. None of them seemed perfect. She flinched when she saw her face without filters. Sunlight, ring lights , torch lights... she badly wanted a perfect 'sun kissed' picture. No filter effect ever gave her satisfaction.
"Why am I so ugly?"
"You're beautiful." the Holy Spirit told her
"I'm wonderfully and fearfully made? I know those things, Lord. Let's be real here, look at these Instagram brand influencers. Look at the children of these rich men. See their perfect skin. No flaws... fair and bright skin. The ones that are dark in complexion still have a shine to their color. I'm just bleh and nowhere near perfect." she ranted
She opened the Instagram app, scrolling through her feed for a girl.
She has gotten four thousand likes on her pictures in an hour.
"Exactly the same thing I keep saying. No one likes my pictures. Others get over ten thousand likes in thirty minutes!" she yelled.
"Maybe I need to change my name on Instagram. Even after follow for follow back, people don't really like my pictures. My picture has never appeared on Instagram's explore. No one likes me and to be very honest, it's sad"
"Take a look at my body. Small boobs. Tiny waist. I'm too slim. Look at the natural hair I spend over twenty thousand naira on every month. It's still not perfect. Is it wrong to pursue perfection? After all the pills I've taken for weight gain. What was the end? Efforts wasted!"
She changed her Instagram name to King_Alys.
It was the only "close to perfect" name she could think of.
She was on Instagram for two hours and she noticed some rude comments on the picture she uploaded. It made her cry.
"I want to talk to you." the Holy Spirit said.
"Go ahead. I'm always listening, God. I'm just tired. I'm just tired of looking like I'm suffering."
"Drop your phone and take your Bible." The Holy Spirit said to her.
"No na. God , I just got a notification that someone just added to her story" she whined.
"Take your Bible and get the September 2020's Teevo"
"Sincerely , God. I'll check Instagram for just thirty more minutes and I'll fellowship with you"
"King Alys, I love you just the way you are." God said to her.
She dropped her phone almost immediately.
"Lord , was that you? Like , God , can you can say it again? I want to be sure I heard you well."
God laughed.
"I love you. I'm always there liking your picture. I follow every of your Instagram updates. I don't just think you are perfect. I know so because as I am so are you"
"Lord, you've said this many times. Why don't I feel it?"
"That's because perfection isn't about feelings. I love your look. When I made you, I thought 'what a perfect person.'. I made you for a purpose. I didn't send you to earth because I thought there was leftover dust to make you. I made you because I wanted to."
"Can you can call me 'king_alys' again?"
"Absolutely, when I'm done showing you what I want to, dear."
She has never had a conversation with God that felt this real in her entire life.
"Lord, what a beautiful time of fellowship with you. I see myself the way you see me from now on. Glory to God" she screamed after fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit for three hours
"Take my word to the Instagram influencers. Tell them to be comfortable in their skin. A lot of them have low self-esteem and they don't feel beautiful. Tell them about Jesus. Tell them I love them" He said
"I can do an Instagram live video."
"Sure you can my dear. Follow up on them. Meet them one on one. You now have a cell on Instagram."
She chuckled.
"Absolutely , Lord"
The world shouldn't define a perfect figure for you. -Your waist , your hip , your breast , your eyes , your legs , your shoulder , your abs are all perfect.
“Perfect and Excellent!” This is who you are. God wants you to know that you're His perfect work.
He made you and thought "Another perfect art".
The girl with a thicker body is perfect. You with a smaller body, are perfect. The guy with a broader shoulder is perfect. Slender boy , you're cute like that. The world doesn't define who you are or what perfection is or should be. God decided and HE wants you to walk in that light.

Inspired by the Holy Spirit ❤️
Thank you Pastor Chris for Teevo Rhapsody.
Thank you for reading.

Follow me on KingsChat , Yookos , AtomGram, Instagram and Twitter @derinleu


Image source: Internet ❤️

Comments

  1. Beautiful and well articulated. I so much love it. It's only God that can define perfection for me. Again, I'm perfect and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work it's really inspiring Keep up the great work Derin it's making a impacting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU