THE CHURCH GIRL(GOD IS LOVE)


The Church Girl
"God is Love"



"Gift. Gift" I called
"Gift...Gift...Where are you?" 
"Gift" I called softly when I found her.
"Yes , S...Sa...Sa...Salma" she stammered
She looked different.
I stuttered also and she turned.
"Don't leave" I said to her
"I want to open the door. I'm not running away" she said
I heaved a sigh of relief.
"What would you like to eat?" She asked me
"Nothing. I'm fine. Thank you"
"Oh great. So you're scared to take food from here?"
"Why would you even say that? I came to see you."
"Yeah.After hearing all that happened to me. You finally decided to confirm it to mock me. It's fine. You can go ahead. I get it every time." 
"What are you even saying, Gift. I went to the place you stayed at and I was told you stay here now. Someone brought me here. I asked what happened and no one offered to tell me. They insisted I ask you"
"Why do you care? You've been giving me uncomfortable glares. How do I believe you don't know what happened?" She hissed
"Gift , it's fine if you don't want to tell me. I came back from the states yesterday and I've not gone home. I had to stay in the hotel overnight. I got to Lagos and I entered a bus to Ogun state. Mum and Dad got transferred to Lagos state" 
Tears rolled down her cheeks before she could stop them.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you" she said in tears
"Gift. I'm so sorry" I replied
I didn't know why I was sorry but I was sorry.
"When you left Nigeria, I started thinking of how to rewrite UTME and enter a university. I started attending tutorials but it's not like I wanted to or anything. I had to because staying at home made me think a lot because I was denied admission for no valid reason. I became an errand girl to most parents. A lot of people mocked me because I wasn't admitted into a university. Some said 'my Jesus couldn't help me'. Some of our classmates said "I failed the exam and I was lying". A lot of depressing talks" she wiped her tears with an handkerchief but they rolled still.
"I decided to follow Jesus and I focused on the next exam. I did better than before. I continued at the tutorial. I met Sanmi. Sanmi had four friends -two females and two males. Their lifestyle was bad and I wanted to win their souls. I tried so much with human ability and of course , they hardly ever listened. I noticed Sanmi told them to be calm whenever I'm talking. They'd pay attention and play but they never gave their hearts to Christ. I started having feelings for Sanmi but I told myself it would leave soon. I didn't bother dealing with it. They invited me to clubs, parties and I'd go with a 'they'd look at my zeal to get them born again and receive Christ' mindset. I found myself drinking and smoking. Well , It started with a trial and led to an habit. Sanmi was someone that gave me this 'for all have sinned' scripture till I left Jesus. He'd tell me that 'we are all sinners and I needed to go easy on the 'Jesus stuff'. Sanmi and I started dating and that was everything to me. Jesus? Of course , I never totally forgot Jesus. Mum didn't know what was happening because I hid it well. I finally got admission into the university and I found out I was pregnant. Well, just like the movies , he denied me. My mum found out and he denied it after confrontation. I couldn't abort it. Oh! The shame. I lost the baby. She was so pretty and she looked like Sanmi. She died three days after birth"
"Gift, what is the Holy Spirit saying"
"Nothing. Does God still care? After all the mess? I doubt strongly" she replied hastily.
"But you saw a vision yesterday"
"Does that count and how did you even..."
"How I knew isn't the topic of discussion"
"I just saw an handwriting on the wall. 'I love you'- that is all I see and hear."
"That's because that's all you need to know. The Gospel is God's Love"
"I don't think you get the magnitude of all I've done. I don't think I can even forgive myself"
"That's an issue. You do know the Lord is calling and you choose to ignore it. God loves you and HE is saying so again right now"
"God wants me?" she asked
"What if I make mistakes again?" A tear rolled down her cheeks from the corner of her left eye.
"God isn't angry with you and I'm so sure of it. "
"You're not addressing my future mistakes. What if I make mistakes"
"That's because even God doesn't see you making mistakes. The scripture says in Jude chapter one verse twenty five 'Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, '."
"Christianity is a relationship and it matters that you see yourself how God sees you. God wants us to be righteousness conscious. God wants you to be righteousness conscious. Yeah , you messed up but there's a clear distinction between one who is a righteous person that sinned and a sinner that is not bothered about Christ. Should you still sin? No! Sin is dealt with. God sent HIS Son, Jesus Christ to die and Jesus bore the punishment and consequences of your sins. He was judged for your sake. The Bible says in the fifth chapter and nineteen verse of the second book of Corinthians that 'To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.'. God is all loving and He is Love. HE made provisions for our automatic cleansing and you can trust HIM to cleanse you from all unrighteousness".
She bowed her head and she cried. I sat beside her and placed my hand on her back.
I let her pray to God and I said "God loves you nonetheless. HE is ready to make a message out of your mess. God loves you. You're thinking 'what if people don't believe that your Christianity is real and it's just fake and what if you fall'. Faith doesn't consider. Dare to have faith in God. Don't think about men. Christianity is a relationship and salvation is personal" 
I wondered how I got so bold.
How did I ever become so bold to preach the Gospel?
By the Spirit.
Gift was a vital part in my Christian life. She led my sister, Sophia to Christ.
"I'm a wonder" she said jerking me out of my thoughts
"Huh? What's that?" 
"The Lord said so" she replied
"Sure you are"
"and a new creation" I added and we smiled
"You remember that time I said I wasn't eating , yeah? I was just joking. Where is the food abeg?" I stood up and went to the kitchen
"So you were forming, ba?" She said and I laughed


True Joy is in having a relationship with God.
True Joy is in God.
Happiness is short termed. The world might give you entertainment but it doesn't last.
I am full of joy!
Winning souls gives me joy and it's an everlasting joy.

Join the chariot today!
Fix that relationship with God today.


Recommendation: The Bible by the Holy Spirit
*Join this Chariot by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
*Now that you are born again by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
*Good morning, Holy Spirit by Pastor Benny Hinn

Inspired by the Holy Spirit ❤️
Thank you Pastor Chris for Teevo Rhapsody.
Thank you for reading.

Follow me on KingsChat , Yookos , AtomGram, Instagram and Twitter @derinleu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)