THE TWINS (CHAPTER 1)

THE TWINS
(Ciara and Clara)


Chapter 1

'Clara's pov'


"Let's go" I urged Ciara.
"No. I don't want to" she told me
"Please, Let's go watch the dancers then we'll go look at the turtles together". I pleaded dragging her as of cajole.

"Ciara. Where are you?. Where are you?. Ciara?. Ciara?. Please come back. Ciara". I cried.
I woke up from the dream. It was 6:37am. I wiped my tears with the back of my palms. The scene of how Ciara got missing always replayed in my head and I couldn't concentrate.
I let out a frustrated sigh and went out for my usual morning jogs. I returned to the house few minutes later then had my bath. I sat down at the dining for breakfast of sandwich and smoothie. 
"Dad. I'm done with my food. Please can we go?" I yelled in question.
"Happy birthday dear". He shouted from his room. 
"So sweet of you to be wishing me by 7:55am". I sneered
I hate birthdays because there is no twin to celebrate it with.
 Is she alive? Is she dead?
Is she in this country?
 I wonder where she is everytime and I feel guilty because she'll still be with us if I didn't urge her to come with me to see the dancers.
I sighed for the fifth time in dad's car.
"I'd be late to school on the first day of a new term because of you" l lamented.
"Clara, maybe we should eat out today together as a family" He said sternly.
"Why?. Because of a birthday I don't care about. Please forget it. I'm not interested".
He breathed out a sigh. 
"Bye". I replied when I got to the school gate. 
"Bye". He replied with a muttering-like voice.
 I walked in with confidence. The prefects punished the people that arrived late. 
They only stared at me but they couldn't do anything to me. I let out a vicious smile
I got to the class. I picked a seat at the back and I waited for class to start.

'Ciara's pov'

I hurriedly ate the french toast made by my mum
"Be quick or you'd be late". My mum told me. 
"It's my first day in school. Who cares if I'm late?" I answered her. 
She smiled.
I cleaned my face with a serviette when I was done.
"We can go now" she said. 
"Manila High School" I read out loud when we got to the school gate.
 We went to the administrative office. I sat for a brief test and it was marked almost immediately after I finished. 
"She did well on the test but she'll have to repeat her previous class. If she does well, she'll return to the class she's supposed to be in". The principal told my mum. 
I shrugged.
 "It's fine". I told my mum. 
"You'll be fine". Mum replied. Mum paid the necessary fees and I went to the school cloth store to get my uniforms. I looked at the fitted uniform on my body. It was my perfect size.
 "I'll take this one" I told the person in charge. 
"That's nice. It's your perfect size".
Mum and I went back to the administrative block. The principal, Mr Pablo introduced me to the Senior Prefect girl and the Senior Prefect boy.
 They stared at me awkwardly. I knew they were staring at my unusual hair and eye colour.
For as long as I remembered, it has always been that way.
 They gave me a quick tour round the school. I had the school map but they insisted. I walked down the hallway. I noticed people stared at me fixedly whispering.
 'I think I won't like it here'.

I adjusted my hat to cover my face and I wore my glasses.
I walked into the class and I picked a seat at the back. A teacher walked in. She stared at me for a while and she left the class. The bell rang almost immediately I checked the time. It was lunch hour. I didn't want to leave the classroom but I had to leave. I was hungry and eating in the class was highly prohibited.
I packed my hair into a bun and I adjusted my hat till my face was perfectly covered then I left for the cafeteria.

"Clara" someone said looking at me weirdly
"My name is Ciara" I wanted to say I tried to move but she blocked my path.
 I glared at her and she moved away immediately.

'Clara's pov'

"Hey Clara. I heard there's a new student. She transferred . You mind giving her our special welcome?" Jenny asked.
 "I'll pass" I replied. "I heard she's weird. Let's go check her out"
She urged.
*I'd give her a warm welcome because today's my birthday*
"Okay but we would go easy on her" I replied
I picked my basketball and I played with it as I went
"Clara" someone called immediately I entered the cafeteria,
I saw the new girl. She sat in a corner alone. I couldn't see her face.
 If you haven't spent up to three months in our school as a transfer student, you'd sit alone in the cafeteria. I positioned my basketball well in my hand.
 "Welcome" I shouted then I threw the ball at her. It hit the back of her head. 
"Whoa!". People screamed. I heard slight murmurings.
"People are made in twos"Someone stated
"I thought they were related". Another said
What are they talking about?
I looked at the girl.
She placed her hand at the back of her head then she turned to look at me in anger.
I stared at her.
I was speechless.
"What did I just do?" I asked myself


NEXT CHAPTER by 7pm today
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBESubscribe

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU