TELL JESUS(THE SOLUTION) BY DERIN LEU




Tell Jesus( The Solution)

I heard incessant laughter and jeers from my classmates as the teacher spoke.
It was Mathematics class
I'm don't like the subject but I have never failed it.
I never had higher than a B Grade though
I want this term to be completely different.
I'm working on having an A
I tried to concentrate but I couldn't
My classmates kept playing
They didn't pay much attention to the teacher.
I kept struggling and trying to keep up.
My own was in my mouth as I stared at the board.
The door flew open.
I raised my head to look at who it was
It was Annie
"Why is she always late?" someone whispered but it was audible
"She doesn't even look neat"
"I wonder why she dresses like this"
People kept saying different things
I looked at Mrs. Robinson. She wanted to scold Annie but she couldn't do anything. I felt she couldn't find the right words to use at that moment. She warned her several times not to get to school late anymore but Annie still got to school late.
I glanced at Annie. She was beautiful. Her blonde hair and awesome accent always made me smile.
Annie looked so unapproachable
She was no doubt the most brilliant student in our class.
She represented the school for different competitions.
Though her grades have been dropping recently and I do feel like something is wrong somewhere.
Annie was never like this...
We were never friends but I always long to talk to her.
We've never done more than the "hello...hi..bye"
The more I look at her , the more I want to talk to her.
"I'm sorry , Mrs. Robinson. I won't do it again" she apologized
"She says that everytime" one of my classmates said audibly and some of them laughed
"Is there anything wrong , Annie?" Mrs. Robinson asked
I hoped she'd say something but she didn't.
She just stared at Mrs. Robinson
It looked to me like she wanted to cry but she was holding it in
"I'm fine ma. Thank you ma" she said and she walked to her seat.
Mathematics class ended soon enough and we had three subjects then the alarm for lunch break rang
We all went to the lunch room
I was about to seat
I looked at Annie.
She had her sandwich on the table
A picture was in hand. She sipped the milk slowly.
I wanted to meet her but she looked like she wanted to be alone
I shrugged and I decided to leave her.
I munched my food in silence still wishing I could talk to her.
What could I possibly say?
I'm just eight years old
*****************************************
"What are you doing concerning that your friend. What are you doing to help your depressed friend. Your friend that looks like she wants to give up on life. What are you doing to help her?. Are you leaving her to find the way when you know the way?. You're not to small to help. You're not too small to make a change" Pastor had said in today's service
The words replayed in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about it.
It was like I was given a mission to accomplish.
I knew I had to talk to Annie but what would I say?
I opened my BIBLE to read.
An aura of peace engulfed me
I smiled
I had an answer.
"not by might, nor by power but
by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6)
I couldn't wait to see Annie the next day and talk to her
****************************************
I checked my watch for the time
It was 10:30am
Annie wasn't in school yet
She comes before 9:00am but she wasn't in school
I was bothered
Was something really wrong with her or she just loved being alone?
I sighed
The teacher turned to ask if I was alright
I replied with a yes
The bell for lunch break rang and I concluded Annie wasn't going to be in school that day
I felt bad
I dragged myself to the lunch room
I got Yoghurt and cookies
I wasn't in the mood for food so I got something light -yoghurt and cookies-
I turned to look for a seat and I saw Annie.
She was at her usual corner with a picture again.
She adjusted her glasses.
I didn't allow limitations
I went to where she was
I sat beside her
"Hey , Annie" I greeted with a slight smile
"Hi Hailey" she forced a smile and I could tell
She sounded like she wanted to cry
"I didn't see you in class today"
"I was at the sick bay" she said
"Are you fine now?"
"Yes...I guess" she added with a slight smile
"You guess?. What's wrong?"
"Uh...no.. nothing" she stammered
"Talk to me" I pleaded
"There's nothing" she said trying to hide the picture she was holding
"Please , Annie. I can tell something is off about you"
She sighed
"It's fine if you want to keep it too.  Jesus loves you" I said smiling
She smiled weakly
I stretched the cookie to her and she rejected it
"I want to talk to someone" she said lowly
"Then I'm always here. If you feel it's so personal. Tell Jesus. HE understands better"
She arched a brow
"My brother died last year and before Christmas. He had cancer -leukamia- . My mum and Dad spent all we had on getting him treated and he didn't get better. He underwent chemotherapy three times. He died after the last one. Things weren't the same at home after that. I missed my brother so much and I was trying to keep up with school work at the same time . I couldn't. It has not been easy also with my mum and dad fighting every midnight. Dad comes home tired from work and my mum drinks all night. When my dad is back from work , all they do is nag. I can't sleep all night because of the night and I have to prepare my junior sister and I for school the next day" she said
She paused and she started crying
"I'm sorry" I said
"I'm not done" she sniffled
"Since dad works somewhere else now , my sister and I trek to school. That's why I get to school late. I would have changed school but I'm on scholarship and it means a lot right now because my parents don't have money to pay for my fees. The management of the school sent a letter to my parents saying if I don't improve , my scholarship will be withdrawn" she narrated in tears
"I'm sorry" I said
"But it's not your fault" she replied cleaning her face with he handkerchief
"I'm sorry for not talking to you. I thought you were keeping a distance. I felt you wanted to be alone" I said
I hugged her
"Have you tried telling God?" I asked almost  immediately I disengaged from the hug
She looked surprised
"Well..." She said and her voice trailed off
"Tell God , HE is the solution. Invite HIM into everything. That's inviting the solution of the problem"
"Are christians meant to go through challenges?"
"Challenges will come but Christians have authority over the challenges. Jesus is our authority and we recreate our world with the right words. Don't complain to Jesus. Tell HIM what you want. Ask , believe and receive answers . Don't think about HIM not hearing you. HE heard you but you have to be sure HE did and things will change" I said
"Let's pray" She said
We held hands and we prayed. People stared but we didn't care
*Two Months Later*

I watched Annie as she smiled. She didn't stop smiling. We just won a competition for the school. Annie collected the medal and trophy. I held the certificate of participation.
I was so happy. She hugged me. I laughed.
" God did it " she said
"Yes , HE did"

*Later that night*

My phone rang
I had just finished praying
"Annie" I said immediately I answered the call
"Hailey , guess what? . I have a testimony" she said
"What's that?" I smiled
"Dad got promoted at work and my mum got a new job" she said
"That's amazing" I replied happily
I jumped on my bed
"That's not all" she said
"Tell me , I want to know"
"My uncle wants to sponsor my sister's education and the management of our school decided to keep me on scholarship" she yelled
I shouted "Glory"
I was so happy
"Thanks , Hailey. I wonder how things would have been if you didn't tell me those things you said that day. I do love God" she said
Tears rolled down my cheeks
"We thank God" I said to her
We talked for about twenty minutes more before she finally ended the call
I laid on my bed. I stared at the ceiling and I kept thanking God

"John 14:27 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"
Picture source: Internet

Inspired by the Holy Spirit♥️

©️DerinLeu

Comments

  1. Wow!!! This is so inspiring...I have authority over challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU