"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU


Mistake?
(YOU HAVE A PURPOSE)

My teacher , Mr. Kessington sat on the table in front of the class and smiled

"I'm glad everyone did their holiday project and it's nice to see everyone this new term" he said

"It's nice to see you too sir" my classmates chorused

I didn't say anything.
I had my project on the table.
He called our names at random.
I silently prayed he wouldn't call me.
"Hailey Johnson" he called
Hailey flipped her hair walked to the front of the class with a large cardboard that displayed her family members

"This is my cousin , Brittany . This is my Grandmother and my Grandfather . This is my uncle...my aunty...my mum...my dad ...my sister...my brother" she said pointing to a lot of pictures on the cardboard

My face fell.

"Oh...yeah and this is my dog" she added

She flipped her hair again and smiled.

"Thanks, Hailey. A wonderful and large family you've got . " Mr. Kessington said

"Lilian Brown" he called

"Elise John ...Courtney Peterson , Elizabeth William . Bright Jefferson ...Alicia White... Audrey Stone...Audrey Pete...Bruce John...Natasha Lee...Dani Liam...Carissa Sebastian...Mary Damian" Mr. Kessington called 

They all came out one after the other with their project showing their beautiful family.

His voice trailed off at several times but I paid attention to my classmates.

They all came out with cardboards that had large trees because they had a large family.

I looked at my family tree project.

It had a picture of my mum, Lisa, my cat and me.

A lot of kids had their dad and other members of their family in the tree

My work looked "below standard".

I fought tears.

The bell rang and it jerked me out of my thoughts.

I was excited.

I wasn't called and I won't see the teacher till the next week and it was a Friday.

He teaches my class on Mondays and Fridays.

I hurriedly kept the project in my bag then I ran home.

*Two hours later*

"I'm home , baby" my mum said

She turned on the lights of the the living room.

"Baby" she called till she found me in her room

"What are you doing here?" She asked

I held the letter I found in her room.

"Where did you find that?" she asked

Her countenance changed.

"I need explanations" I told her 

Tears streamed down my face.

"I can explain dear" she said

"Exactly what I need. Go on, Ma" I snapped at her

"Please calm down" she said

"Calm down?. My dad has been close to me for years yet you told me he died and you want me to be calm"

"It's not what you think it is" she said in tears

"When you have a reasonable excuse for what you've done. I'll be in the room" I yelled 

I ran to my room and I locked the door

I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up the next morning.

She wasn't at home. She left for work. 

I dressed up.

*****************************************

"What was the meaning of the nonsense that happened today?" My mum shouted

I have never seen her that angry.

I went to my dad's house. I didn't meet him though. The door was locked. I didn't know how to get home.
I had to call my mum using the phone of a stranger.

"I endured what you did yesterday. I never knew you could do something worse" she screamed

"You should have given reasons for such questionable action" I snapped 

"Fine, if you want to see your dad , I'll take you to him" she yelled

She took a vase and she threw it on the floor.

"Better mum, it makes everything better"

*****************************************
It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
We came back from church. 
I wore my favourite dress and I planned to tell my dad I wore it just for him.

We went to the restaurant down the street.My dad agreed to meet us there.

We sat for over 30 minutes waiting for him to come.

When he arrived, my mum gave me a sign that meant he was the one.

He drew a chair and sat on it.

"Hi Dad" I said

"Yeah , how are you?" he asked

"I'm fine, dad. I'm happy to see you"

He forced a smile. He probably wasn't happy to see me.

We talked for some minutes.

I noticed he didn't even talk to my mum.He totally avoided her.

I knew she wasn't comfortable but she was doing it for me.

He got a call few minutes later the he announced that he had to leave.

"But we haven't even spent an hour together" I whined

I tugged the hem of shirt not willing to let him go.

My mum called my name. She gave me a cautioning glare and I let go.

We left the restaurant.

My mum moved close to him when he was about to enter the car.

I noticed he gave her something in an envelope.

"Stop calling me" he said in a tight whisper but I heard anyway then he drove out.

My mum and I entered walked home.

Tears rolled down my face for minutes.

I went to the living room. I wanted to watch a programme that could get me not to think of my dad 

I saw my project on the table.My mum already attached his picture to the tree.

I tore the project.

"Elsie , I could talk to Mr. Kessington if you want" she said almost immediately after she walked into the living room

"Why doesn't he want to see me?" I asked her

"He had something to do at work" see said

"Why did you lie to me? . If I never found the letter in your room , I wouldn't have known" 

"I didn't want to hurt you"

"He doesn't want to see me because I'm a mistake right?"

"You're not a mistake"

"I'm a mistake . He said 'You know you weren't meant to keep the child. Don't call me again. I have a wife ' " 

"I heard him tell you" I sobbed

"I kept it from you because I didn't want to hurt you. I love you and you're not a mistake" she said fighting tears

She tried to pull me close but I didn't let her.

"Mum , stop lying to me because you want me to feel good" I said

"It hurts more" I added in a sad tone

"The act might have been a mistake but you aren't a mistake. I don't regret keeping you. I don't regret having you as my child. I'm a single mother , I'm your mother and I'm happy" she said in tears

I looked at her.

"Don't make this hard for yourself. It might not have ended the way I wanted but I'm happy I have you. God loves you. He's a better parent than I even am. You have a purpose and a future. You're not a mistake" 

She left my room. She wanted to cry.

I thought about the things she told me. I had to start my project all over and it was worth it.
I let God minister to me as I made the family tree.


*****************************************

Monday , 9:00am


"Good morning everyone" Mr. Kessington said

"Good morning , Mr. Kessington" my classmates and I chorused

"We'll start today's class with the project. Some people didn't do their presentation last week" he said

"Mia Leroy" he called

Mia walked out confidently and with a smile on her face.

"Uhm , I don't really have a big tree or large family like most of you. This is my dad and my dog , Smart. I don't have a mom , she died of cancer last year. Anyway , my tree is different but it's peculiar. Thank you " she curtsied

Everyone laughed.

"Elsie James" he called

I walked out with the project in my hand

It seemed better than the previous to me.

"Hello everyone, errr, this is my family tree. This is my mum , this is me , this is Lisa , my cat " I said pointing to the pictures on the tree

"God is your Father. HE is my Father. That matters a lot. Don't feel bad if he doesn't want you. God wants you" Mum said to me this morning

"As this is God " I pointed to a part in my tree that had an inscription of the name 'God' in gold letters 

"God is a member of my family. We should all be conscious of His presence in our lives and Family. He matters most" I said wondering where the boldness came from.

My classmates clapped.

"Beautiful one , Elsie" Mr. Kessington said

"Ethan Celia" he called

I walked back to my seat.

I was full of joy.

It was awesome! 

I'm not a mistake!

*God loves you. That matters a lot*


©️ DerinLeu2020


Inspired by the Holy Spirit ♥️

Recreating Short Film Sunday's "peculiar tree"

If you'd like to start a relationship with God.
Say these words below and mean them.


PRAYER OF SALVATION


O Lord God, I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ, son of the Living God. I believe HE died for me and God raised HIM from the dead. I believe HE is alive today. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my Life from this day. Through HIM and in HIS Name, I have eternal Life; I'm born again. Thank YOU Lord , for saving my soul! I'm now a child of God.
Hallelujah!

Congratulations 💃💃 🎊🎊
You're now born again and you can fellowship with the Lord.
You are now a member of the family of God.

Get in touch to share your salvation testimonies and receive more informations.
Send me a message on KingsChat , Yookos , AtomGram, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @derinleu


Picture source: Internet

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)