CHRISTIAN? BY DERIN LEU



Christian?
(Who are you?)

I walked into my class
I looked at a lot of people
They were playing.
Some were reading.
I had just finished my last secondary school examination.
I stared fixedly at a girl , she was giving out tickets.
"Here's a ticket to the biggest sign out party. Get yours now"  she yelled
About 20 people got from her.
 I smiled
I walked out of the class. 
I went to my school's garden and I prayed.
"Thank YOU God" I said when I was done praying
"Hey , Hannah" Someone greeted me
"Hello. How are you , Christianah?"
"I'm fine. So , I hope you'll be around for the party today" she said
"No dear" I said
"Why?. It will be fun. There won't be any alcoholic drinks. I guess. It will be teen friendly" she said
"My boss doesn't want me to go" I said
"Oh. Why would your boss do that?"
"Tiana, who are you?" I asked
I had no idea where that came from but I waited for her answer
"I'm Christianah Johnson. I'm a writer , a blogger , a basketballer , a student , a snub"
"And if all of that we're removed, who will Tiana be?"
"A child , a sister , a girlfriend" she replied grinning
"If those weren't there , who would you be?"
"A Nigerian?"
I smiled
"What if you were an American?"
"I don't know. I'm a girl.  I'm a Christian"
"And what does that mean to you?" I asked
"Are you not a Christian too?. A Christian is someone who goes to church , reads the BIBLE , attends service and believes in Christ" she said smiling
"So are you a Christian?" I asked her
"Yes , my name has its root from the word 'christian' and I go to church and I read my BIBLE" she said
"You say you're a christian but you don't know who a Christian is and what Christianity is about" I let out a slight smile
"Are you calling me a bad Christian?"
"What do you want to be?" I asked her
"An actress. A model. A musician"
"And will all those make you happy?" I asked sincerely
She nodded with a smile
"And all those things you want to do. Why do you want to do them?. How will it help souls. Will it be an avenue to preach the gospel?"
"Preaching is for pastors besides why are you acting like a saint. Everyone is a sinner. We're just striving to be righteous"
I arched a brow
I held a Bible and asked "you have this?" "I go to church and we use it every sunday" she said
"Have you ever read your BIBLE?" I asked her
"I go to church and we use it every sunday" she reiterated
"That's not my question. Have you studied it" I asked pointing the BIBLE to her
"Like study it because you want to know more. Study on your own" I added
"I mean I read a chapter in the book of Psalms everyday" she flipped her hair
"Why do you read your BIBLE?" I asked holding her hands
"Yo , Hannah. I said I'm a christian , I pray in church , I pray before we have breakfast and dinner at home. My parents are christians too" she yelled
"The word 'christian' isn't a title. Fellowship is involved in christianity and I mean fellowship with the Word of God and the Spirit of God" I said to her
Her hands were crossed under her breast and she looked at me.
I knew she was ready to listen andI was glad she was paying attention.
"You don't just read the BIBLE so your streak won't go away on the BIBLE app. You don't just read it because you were asked to in church or because you want to argue with someone. In the Word of God lies so much truth. In it lies the direction of our lives"
She looked perturbed
"Take a chapter a day. Read it . Study it. Study to know what it is saying. Give yourself to the ministry of the Word of God. The Holy Spirit wants to illuminate HIS Word. You can be whatever you want to be but true success and prosperity is found in God. Joy is found in God. That's the recipe for a happy life. It's all in God. The Word of God is always available. It's up to you. Choose what you want to do with it" I added
She looked at me. I saw tears at the corner of her eyes.
"There's no Christianity without the Holy Ghost" I said to her smiling
Grace -my classmate - came to where we sat
"Christianah , we'll be late for the party" she said
"Wait a little" Christianah said
I brought out a copy of the Teevo Rhapsody of Realities and I stretched it to Christianah. She collected it without hesitating
" I want one too , Hannah" Grace said
I gave her a copy and I smiled
"Yeah .  Christianah , I can't attend the party because HE bought me with a price and my boss , the Holy Spirit doesn't want me to go. God owns me now. I'm not the owner of my life. That's just some of the things the Word of God makes you understand" I said
I smiled at her.
Grace pulled her and they left
I heard Grace whisper "What was she saying"

Christianity isn't a religion and it can never be

Christianity isn't a religion
It's God's Life in you
It's the Divine life of God at work in humanity
It's a mistake to think it's a religion
The word 'saint' isn't a title
The word 'christian' isn't a title




Inspired by the Holy Spirit of the Living God  ♥️



©️DerinLeu 2020

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU