PLAYLIST-ISH



"Playlist-ish"
"Amber! Please turn that music down." I told my friend. I was in her house.
I left my house so I could read with full concentration and I guess reading here is worse.
"No. Music helps to concentrate." she said swaying her hips then she played with the strings of an invisible guitar.
"Music doesn't help me and this music is definitely not good for you." I explained.
"Well, Deputy Jesus , what music is good for a child of God?" she asked sarcastically
"Don't call me 'Deputy Jesus' " I said.
"It's not like God will judge the playlist on your phone. He looks at the heart not my phone, Sophia." 
She laid an emphasis on the 'heart'.
I placed my books on the table giggling at her words.
"Well, I read in Teevo Rhapsody that there are three questions to consider before listening to any song."
Her hands were crossed under breast.
I paused and pursed my lips.
She looked like she was ready to hear me.
"Tell me." she urged
"Number one , what is the message of the music? What is the message passing across? Is it a song that glorifies God? Is it about Jesus or the Holy Spirit? Is it about new creation realities?"
"Well, what if it doesn't?"
"I'm not done" I grimaced.
"I'm sorry."
"Number two, who is the messenger of the music? And number three what does all of these represent and what is it really telling you?" I questioned.
She nodded.
"A lot of secular artistes sing a lot of songs that sound spiritual to carnal people or babes in Christ. A secular artiste saying "Thank you Lord" in his or her song doesn't make the song spiritual. It's inspirational or because it has "Don't give up" in it's lyric doesn't make it fit for a Christian. A lot of Christians worry and ask 'what about love songs'. Real love is in Christ. Spiritual songs are love songs- the real love songs. Many even wonder 'what about my wedding day? Will we dance to spiritual songs'. Of course , you would! If you're spiritual. We've got to understand that as spirit beings , the world doesn't have a say in what we do" 
She smiled.
"Jesus gave us two commandments. One was about loving God, you'll do things because you love God and you'll stop certain things because you love God. The second was about loving your neighbour. If you love me , you won't play such song just because you like it. You'd have respected the fact that I was reading and I don't listen to such songs. You are to help the salvation of others." I clarified.
"I love you." she laughed
"Now, you know"
"So we'll do something fun to tell whether you should continue with those songs"
"Okay. I'm ready she said."
"Why do you listen to the songs? Do you read between the lines when you listen to what's been said or you're just having fun listening to the beat?"
"I love songs because of their beats"
"I guess you haven't listened to 'Igara by Testimony' or 'Never go down by Israel Strong' "
"They have nice beats?"
"Nice is an understatement. The beat is awesome. The content is amazing." I replied smiling
"Does the song make you more human than divine?" I asked.
"I mean worldlier than godlier?" I added because she looked confused.
"Yes...I guess."
"Be honest with your replies?"
"Okay...Yes , it does"
"Does it stir in you worldly, carnal inclinations or godly inspirations?"
"Carnal inclinations" she said
"Remember the Word says in Philippians chapter four verse eight “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” ' I said.
She nodded.
"And in the case of music, listen only to such things. So, it’s time to clean out your playlist. " I said to her
She sat beside me.
Let's make my playlist better
We deleted songs and I sent a lot of songs to her.
Make that decision to update your playlist TODAY.
P.S Let me be your 'playlist plug'


Inspired by the Holy Spirit ❤️
Thank you Pastor Chris for Teevo Rhapsody.
Thank you for reading 💓

Follow me on KingsChat , Yookos , AtomGram, Instagram and Twitter @mightyderinleu

Writer: Derinleu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CHURCH GIRL(GOD IS LOVE)

BELIEVERS' LOVEWORLD STORY SERIES

CHRISTIANITY ON CAMPUS STORY SERIES (A CONTENT-A-THON SPECIAL) TITLE: TRUTH