FITTING IN


"Fitting In"

"Dad" I cried
'"What is it , Rhema?"
"Dad , my birthday party" I said in tears
He drew me close and hugged me
I'm sure I looked dejected and pitiful
"Dad , is it wrong to feel like this?" I sobbed louder
He smiled at me
"Rhema , do you remember what I said to you when you became worried about your body changes" 
"That I'm special and that no one should make me feel unaccepted?" I probed
"I warned you when you started moving with those 'slay queens' "he patted my back
"I just wanted them to accept me. Everyone follows them . Everyone 'worships' them"
"As a Christian , you don't go that way because you gather for Jesus not that you conform to the standards this world because you're not of the world"
"I just wanted to impress them. The whole birthday party was to impress them in grand style and they didn't even show up" I hissed wiping my tears with the back of my palm
"How many F's were in your report last term?"
"Dad ,  do you want to scold me?" I whined 
"If I wanted to scold you, I'd have done that the day I saw that evil report. Now , answer me" he yelled
"Two sir" I bent my head in shame
"Raise your head and look at me" he said 
"I'm sorry for yelling at you" he added sweetly
I sighed
"It's fine , dad"
"Success isn't about pleasing others or trying to be what you shouldn't. True success is in discovering God's purpose for your life and bringing out the best in you you to fulfill that purpose" he explained
"Yes , I know now" I replied
"To have and enjoy good success, you must have an understanding on why you do things.The Gospel of Jesus Christ should be what you care about. If you truly want to live a fulfilled life, have meaningful relationships with others, and enjoy good success, focus your attention on pleasing the Lord and living up to His expectations" he added
"Thank you Dad. I love you" I squealed
"I love you more dear. Talk to the Holy Spirit . I'm sure He misses your voice. We'll talk later " he hugged me and he left my room
I got on my knees then I did as told



Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Thank you pastor Chris sir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE CHURCH GIRL(GOD IS LOVE)

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU