THE TWINS(CHAPTER 8)


THE TWINS
(Ciara and Clara)

Chapter 8

"Clara's pov"

I wasn'tsad because Ciara and I were not on talking terms. I was sad because our parents treated her better.
The final bell for the day rang. I didn't concentrate in school.
I kept thinking of going to Ciara to apologise but I wasn't ready to do so.
Or rather , my pride wouldn't let me.
I walked down the hallway then I moved to my locker to pick a textbook.
I opened the locker and I saw a a pink envelope. It was a note from Ciara.
I knew it was from her even before opening it.
I thought of the way my parents treated her specially like I was a stranger.
I held the note in my hand. I wanted to read it but I couldn't bring myself to read it because I knew I'd let go once I read it.
I wanted them to know I was hurting badly.
I tore in into pieces and I held it with the intention of disposing it then I locked the locker.
I sighted Ciara from afar. She looked disappointed.
I hissed then I walked in another direction.

'Ciara's pov'

I alighted from the taxi still feeling bad. She didn't even read it before she tore it.
I entered the hospital and I went to see my mum.
I explained all that happened in tears and she cheered me up saying it would be over soon.
"No one likes being without attention" she had said
I told her about the guy I met -Gabriel.
It took him hours to tell me his name. He told me after handing over the lyrics of the his song.
She told me her love story. How she met my dad and how they got married even after disapproval from their parents.  She couldn't stop smiling.
I told the doctor I was ready to take her home.
I went back to the ward to take her things and I saw my dad there
"Dad. Why are you back?"
"A news made me come back" he replied
"O...Kay...What news?" I asked then I looked at mum.
Mum was grinning broadly
"I don't think you want to know" Dad said
"Huh?. Tell me mum, please" I pleaded with a cute face
"Your mum's going to give you a brother soon" Dad said happily with his hands on her tommy
"It's a sister" mum argued
I sat down to process what they had just told me.
"So...Mum's pregnant?" I asked
"Duhhrr, yes" Dad said
"O my gosh. Why didn't you tell me" I pouted
"We just did. Why are you acting weird?" Mum asked
"I was trying to process it. I wasn't expecting this kind of news." I stated jumping happily
"I'm going to be a big sister" I told the doctor when he entered the ward
Mum and dad laughed and the doctor smiled
That was the happiest day of my life. She's going to have her own child.
I was delighted.
We left the hospital and we had a fantastic celebration together as a family.
***********************************************************************************
*Two Weeks Later*

Things were still not normal between me and Clara.
I miss her badly.
Even after I went home, she still refused to talk to me. She left the room we shared and tore her copy of the Sistership goals.
It was so painful but what could I do that I've not done?
I kept thinking of ways to show how sorry I was and how I really wanted her back as my twin and friend.

"Hey" Gabriel said jerking me out of my thoughts.
"Hi, Gabriel" I replied dryly
"You're thinking of Clara, right?"
"No" I lied
Gabriel has also been working tirelessly for me to prove to Clara that I love her.
"I know you're lying" he stated
"I don't want to stress you with our problems" I told him sincerely
"Well, I'm not complaining that I'm stressed"
I rolled my eyes.
He passed me a yoghurt. It'd be rude to reject it so I had to accept it.
"Thanks. It has a really nice taste" I told him
"I knew you and Clara were going to have issues" he said after a moment of silence
I frowned.
"I'm sorry but after I heard your story, I knew it was going to happen. Clara is just having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she's not the only child anymore. Have you seen Double Kara?. Sara had a hard time because Kara was loved by everyone and Sara was taken as the black sheep"
"Are you saying things might not work out between us for a long time because I came back"
"Things will work out. Good thing a guy is not why you're apart. If you were Clara, the fight would have happened" he explained
"it's not my fault our parents gives me more attention"
"you have two families that love you and the only one that loves her is giving her divided attention. She wouldn't understand that things aren't like that because of you" he said
I pouted then I thought about it.
Maybe it's true...
"Can we go out today?" Gabriel asked
"Where?"
"A park or something. This evening"
"I don't know"
"Think of it as a friendly date with the handsome Gabriel" he smiled
I rolled my eyes.
"Okay" I said
"You said okay...So you're going, right?" He asked smiling
I nodded
"Thanks" he said happily
"We'll see later. I'll send you the address" he told me
***********************************************************************************
*Few Hours Later*
*The De Castro's home*

I told my mother and father I'd be home late or I'd sleep over at the De Castro's.
I wore a simple trouser and top.
My phone rang almost immediately after I finished dressing.
It was Gabriel
"Hello. I was about to leave the house"
"Where do you know you're going to?" he laughed and I remembered he didn't tell me where we were going
"The park, right?" I said
"No. The movie theater"
"Oh..I'll be there. It's just few blocks away"
"I'm right at your door" he said dryly
"Huh?" I said realizing
He terminated the call and I opened the door
"Surprise" he yelled
"Let's go. How did you know where I stayed?" I asked him
"I stalked you today" he said
I shut the door, picked my bag then I dragged him with me. The journey to the cinema was quiet. He didn't talk to me and I didn't talk to him
I wasn't the type that initiates conversation.
"Let me get us something to chew on before the movie starts" he said and he went to the counter
My eyes strayed to the door entrance and that moment, Clara and Daniel walked in.
She looked so happy with him.
Gabriel joined me and passed me the hotdog he bought to me.
"Clara and Daniel" I muttered lowly
"Daniel" he called and I held him tight
"What's wrong" he asked
"Is this a set up?" I asked and he grinned
I made attempt to run away and he pulled me.
Clara and Daniel joined us.
We picked a table and Gabriel got more drinks and hotdog.
Clara wasn't talking to anyone. She was always quick to stop staring whenever our eyes met.
"Excuse us" I muttered then I dragged Gabriel with me to where they couldn't hear us.
"Gabriel, I don't know what to do and how to act. I didn't prepare any speech for apology" I stated bitterly
"That's the issue. Just say it anyhow" he replied then we went back to the table.
Gabriel cleared the throat and nudged me to start talking.
"Erm, Clara. I know you might think I planned this but I didn't and I'm glad he did. Clara, I love you and..."
"Can you please shut up" Daniel said
"Daniel, I wasn't talking to you" I snapped at him
"I know you don't want to hear me out. I've sent a lot of letters and even people to show how sorry I am but you still resent me. I accept my fault and admit that I was stupid not to notice that you weren't getting enough attention. I admit it and I'm sorry. Please, forgive me" I said in a rush so I won't get cut short anymore
I heard silent sobs
I thought it was Gabriel faking tears
I looked up and it was Clara crying.
"Now, you're making her cry" Daniel muttered lowly then he embraced her
"I'm sorry for being a selfish sister. I'm sorry for avoiding you and making you feel bad. I shouldn't have allowed it. I'm sorry, Ciara" she cried
"Please stop crying. I'll feel bad and I should be sorry" I said
"Just do a make up hug. The movie is about to start" Gabriel laughed
I got up from my chair and I hugged her tight as we sobbed
"Let my girlfriend breathe" Daniel whispered then Gabriel pulled me away from her.
"Tha...Thanks Gabby" I sobbed with a slight chuckle
"Hey. Stop calling me Gabby?" Gabriel said with a cautioning look
"Why?. It sounds cool to me" I shrugged
"It doesn't suit me" he whined
*Two hours Later*
"Thanks for today" Clara chorused
"Thanks Gabriel" Daniel said
"I don't think I can go home tonight. I'll stay with Ciara at her parents" Clara said to Daniel
"Okay. We'll walk you home" Gabriel said
"Have you told your parents?"Daniel asked Ciara
"I texted them" she replied
"you should call them. Show them you care also" Daniel told her
She smiled sweetly then placed a call to our parents
***********************************************************************************
"Thanks for walking us" I said to Gabriel and Daniel
Daniel hugged Clara leaving me and Gabriel to stare at each other weirdly
I ran my fingers through my hair waiting for them to stop
Gabriel suddenly grabbed me and hugged me
"We should hug too so it'd be less weird" he said in a tight whisper
"Le...Le..let me go, you this...this...naughty being" I stuttered and I dragged Clara inside with me.
"We're home, mum and dad" I shouted
"Oh. Clara's here" Mum said happily
"It's late so we decided to sleep here" I told them
"Have you eaten. There's food in the kitchen" Dad said
"I'm hungry, dad" I gave him a quick hug then I ran to the kitchen to take food.
Clara followed me and we ate
After eating and washing the dishes, Clara and I went to my room
We talked for hours.
I smiled
Dad had to put off the lights in the room because we kept talking.
Then we slept few minutes later.

THE END

Got Jesus?
Not Born Again?
What a risk 😮😳

I invite you to make Jesus the Lord of your Life

PRAYER OF SALVATION

O Lord God , I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ , son of the Living God. I believe HE died for me and God raised HIM from the dead. I believe HE is alive today . I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my Life from this day. Through HIM and in HIS Name , I have eternal Life; I'm born again. Thank YOU Lord , for saving my soul ! I'm now a child of God.
Hallelujah!

Congratulations
you're now born again

Get in touch to share your salvation testimonies and receive more information through any of the contacts below

08182202189
09015907267
08181852189

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU