THE TWINS (PROLOGUE)

THE TWINS
(Clara and Ciara)
Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Writer: Derin Leu
NO PART OF THIS WORK IS TO BE REPRINTED, PUBLISHED IN ANY FORM OR MADE INTO A MOVIE WITHOUT PREMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR




Prologue

*Manila, Philippine*

'Ciara's pov'

"Ahhhhh", I screamed as I switched on the light of the room with the remote which was on the drawer beside me.

I covered myself with the duvet, panting heavily. My foster parents rushed into the room swiftly.
"What is wrong?" Mum said calmly
"Nothing. It's just an headache"
"Were you forcing yourself to remember things again?" She asked
"No" I lied with a 'how-did-you-even-know' look
"It's obvious you're lying" she said.
"Should we return you to the foster home?" My foster father asked
He made it obvious that he was compelled to adopt me'
"We would do no such thing" she replied him and dad left the room.
"I'm sorry, I've been causing trouble since I got here. I understand I shouldn't , because I got here yesterday". I said.
"You're not causing trouble dear. It's not your fault you keep hearing and seeing things. Please, don't force it". She said.
"Can I call you mum?" I asked giving her a pleasant look
"Sure. No problem dear. If you're comfortable with it"She replied, beaming smiles.
"So...Mum, can you sleep here with me?" I smiled at her
"No qualms" she smiled back sweetly and she slept beside me.
"I don't want to go...No...Merry Christmas" I let the words and scene replay repeatedly
I keep hearing those words. Are they clues to recollecting who I really was and where I came from?
It doesn't add up.
I'm Ciara. I got adopted from a foster home. I didn't want to leave the foster home. I guess I had to leave. It might be a great opportunity to finally find my real parents.
I stared at my foster mum. 

She slept peacefully beside me.
I don't want to give them trouble here.
I had enough trouble to give at the foster home. I prayed silently that my foster mother and father likes me and I don't end up being a trouble to them. I watched my foster mother till I drifted into a deep sleep.

*New York City, USA*

*The Next Day*

'Clara's Pov'

I stood up suddenly from the bed. It was another dream.
Ciara told me not to worry about her.
Why won't I be perturbed when a part of me is far away from me?
I sat on the bed and cried for minutes.
Everyone seemed to stick to the fact that she was missing.
Ciara got missing during an event which dad's company organised that took place in a beach to celebrate Christmas.
I forced her to go with me to watch the dancers. I watched them for an hour and I went back to the tent Mum and Dad stayed, relaxing.
I felt she was still enjoying the show. I waited till the time we were about to leave. I went back to the crowd and I couldn't find her.
"Perhaps she's dead" Dad would say

Mum would ask us not to mention her name in the house.
"Clara, start packing your things. We're going back to Manila. The holiday is over" mother shouted. I muttered a hiss in reply.
New York City is an eye opener. I didn't do much during the holiday. I watched movies, wrote articles for my food blog and I developed recipes.
I can't wait to go back to school in Manila. There was no one to bully in New York.
There was a knock on the door.
"It's not locked" I said.
I turned to see who it was. It was my mother.
She was smiling brightly at me in the new morn.
"Good morning" I greeted.
"Good morning dear. I hope you had a sweet night?" She asked.
'No , I didn't'. I wanted to say but she wouldn't bother asking why it was that way.

"Yes" I replied.
"I came to have a mother-to-daughter talk with you". She said.
"Okay ma'am". I replied curtly arranging the clothes I removed from the wardrobe into the travelling box.
"Please sit"
"You asked me to pack my things" I mumbled with my teeth clenched
"Just sit. We still have tomorrow"
I sat on the bed with my hands crossed under my bosom
"Clara, your father and I decided to make you spend your holiday here because we were hoping your grades would go up if there was a change in environment. You see, your dad is frustrated because you're not doing well in school and it's becoming worrisome. Your school sent a letter saying if you don't perform better in the next school year, you'd be prone to leaving the school. I don't understand how you went from being an excellent student to being a low grade earner"

I stared at her without a definite expression.
"I've heard you ma'am. I'll make efforts to turn a new leaf. Thank you and any more issue? I asked.
"Breakfast is ready. French toast and milk" she replied.
"Not interested. I'll order pizza" 
"Oh. No, you won't. I think I'm tired of letting you have your way with things. You'd listen to me and do as I say. You get me?" I shook my head positively..
She nodded and left the room. I took my diary and I scribbled 
"They never let me have my way".
I'm Clara. I'm 16.
What else?
I'm own a food blog
I think that's all


Thanks for reading
Please subscribe

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU