THE TWINS (CHAPTER 4 AND CHAPTER 5)

 THE TWINS

(Ciara and Clara)


Chapter 4

"Clara's pov"

I woke up from the amazing dream I had.
I smiled letting it replay in my head.
My phone buzzed. It was a message from Ciara
"Where are you. We'd be late again" It read
I checked the time.
"O my gosh" I screamed
It was 7:02. I'm going to be late today
"Please go without me. I just woke up" I replied
I hurriedly took my bath and had breakfast. I couldn't go in Mum and Dad's car because they were running late. They told the driver to take me to school.
Much better that way.
I got to school 8:51am and I walked in.
"Come here" Daniel said
I turned and I smiled at him. He kept a straight face.
"You're late" he said
"Sorry...you said"
"you're late. Go on your knees and lift your bag" he said
The juniors were laughing. I let out a smirk
"I wasn't joking" he said
"Daniel" I seethe
Why would Daniel punish me?
"Don't bother talking to me again. We are not friends anymore from this moment" I shouted
"That can't happen" he screamed
There was a teacher in the class. I hissed and went to my seat
"Clara, can't you greet" she said
"I decided who and when to greet" I yelled at her
My classmates laughed. The teacher scoffed then continued with the teaching
I placed my head on the desk then wondered why I made Daniel my friend
****************************************************************************
*Lunch Hour*

'Ciara's pov'

I sat on the bench in the school garden.
It has become my favourite hangout in the school.
I wiped my tears with my handkerchiefs at indefinite intervals.
Why am I crying?
I'm tired. I'm tired of what was happening.
I finally met my parents. I'm happy that I did.
I love my foster parents too. They are amazing.
We've been going in and out of the court trying to decide who keeps me.
"What's up with you?" Clara said
"No..no...thin..nothing" I stammered cleaning my eyes
"I told Daniel to stop being my friend" she said after some moments of silence
"Tell me you're joking" I screamed in disbelief
"he's like your only friend" I added calmly
"I know right. I got to school late this morning and he tried to punish me" she hissed
"you should have just done it" I told her
She grinned broadly like she was going to pounce on me real soon
"Hey dear" someone said
I turned to look at the person.
It was Daniel
"Hi Dani" I said sweetly
"Hey beautiful" he replied and I blushed
Clara fumed then tried to walk away.
He hugged her , apologized.
They talked and I kept trying to fit in.
****************************************************************************
Cebu, Philippine

*Foster Care Support Group Meeting*
*Mrs. De Castro's pov*

"Good afternoon everyone" Miss Mara, the foster care support group founder said
"Good morning" we chorused
"Yes, we'll start with you Mrs. De Castro , Why do you look sad?"
"I'm sad and I'm not bothered if I look sad" I yelled trying to fight tears
"Spill it" Mara urged
"As you all know, we've been going in and out of the court because of the girl we adopted. Now her parents finally found her and they  want her back and I'm like am I some sort of baby sitter that took care of your kid. They also keep flaunting money like I can't buy their entire generation" My husband ranted
There was silence in the room for some minutes
"Is she happy where she is or does she want her parents"
"She loves being with us but she wants to go back to her parents"
"That's quite complicated. I think you should ask her what she what she really wants"
"Just when I learned to accept her" my husband sniffled and the other members laughed
"It would only be resolved through communication. Just tell her how you feel and ask her how she feels. She'll want to be with her real parent because she hasn't been with them in years. She might also be living with the fact that you don't love her because you had a hard time accepting her weird but amazing looks"
"I totally love her" I said in tears and my husband squeezed my palms
"See to what I said" Mrs. said staring at me and my husband
"Now to Mr.Reyes"
Other foster parents talked in turns.
A couple announced that the court cleared them to adopt after their 2-6 hearing.
I celebrated with mixed feelings. Soon the meeting was over but my problem wasn't over.
****************************************************************************
*Few Hours Later*

"If you keep pacing around like this, you'll make a hole in the ground" my husband laughed
"Ethan, how can you be like this?. You're trying to make a joke when Ciara is not back home yet. I've tried calling her several times but I've not been able to reach her" I yelled
"Hey Kelly, don't yell at me. Call her twin. Please don't disturb me" he yelled back then walked out on me
I followed him. I eyed him viciously.
"Why did..."
He cut me short by pulling me close to him and he hugged me.
He let go some minutes later
"Just call her twin. Have you tried to reach her?" He said
"Thanks. No. I'll call her now" I replied calmly
I took my phone then  I placed a call to Clara.
She answered almost immediately.
"Good evening Clara"
"Hi Mrs. De Castro" she said
"Yes, Clara. I wanted to ask if Ciara is at your place. It's almost 8pm and I've not seen her"
"She's not home yet?. We left school before 4pm. Have you tried her number?" She replied
I fought tears.
*Ciara, please, come home*
"Countless times. Do you know where she'd be?"
"I'll check the places she likes. I might find her in one of those places"
"No darling. It's late. We'll find her. She's our responsibility"
"She's our responsibility. She's my twin. I'll tell my parents. She likes the amusement park, the church, the cafe, the game house and the work station"
"Thank you dear. Bye" I replied
A tear rolled down my eye.
*Why do I always have to be careless about my children?*

Chapter 5

'Ciara's pov'

I opened the window and I jumped into the house.
" Miss me?" I screamed
"Ciara. What are you doing here?" Emilia, Catherine, Annie and Isabella screamed
I placed my index finger on my lip
"What are you doing here?" Emilia asked
Emilia is the 12. Catherine is 10. Isabella is 8 and Annie is 10.
I went to the group home I stayed in before I was adopted. Emilia, Catherine, Annie and Isabella and I shared a room. I was tired of thinking about the fact that two families want me and I couldn't choose.
"I ran away"
Why did I leave?
I left because I needed company of people that I've known for a long time and loves me.
"What?. Why?."Catherine whispered
"I found my real parents. I have a twin sister. Both families want me and I don't even want"
"Which do you want?"
"I don't know...Both"
"I feel you should be with your real parents. The only issue is your foster parents. They'll feel bad and miss you"
"Exactly why I don't know what to do. The case is still in court"
"We don't even have a family and you have two. I'm jealous" Annie pouted
"Come on. Everyone has a family somewhere. You'll all get adopted"
"Does your twin want you?" Catherine asked playing with my hair
"Desperately" I replied
"She has weird looks like you , huh?" Isabella laughed
"Actually, She has brown hair. She's the version of me I've always wanted"
"That's cool. How did you meet?. What's her name?" Emilia probed
I narrated the whole story to them.

***************************************************************************
 'Ciara's pov'

It's been three days and Ciara is still missing.

Why did she enter my life and leave again.?
Her phone is off. No message or call from her.
'God please protect my sister' I prayed silently
"We're here" Mrs. De Castro announced
'LOVE GROUP HOME' I read
I walked in with My parents and Mrs. De Castro.
They moved to the reception to make a complain.
"What? I didn't give her the permission to come here" Mrs. De Castro yelled
I stood up to join them at the counter.
"Well, we found her today with her friends in one of the rooms"
"We've been looking for her" my mother said
"Please can you call her out" Mrs. De Castro said
The receptionist called a staff and Ciara came out few minutes later.
I ran to hug her.
"Miss me?" She said through clenched teeth
"Do you know how much I missed you" I cried softly
She ignored me and disengaged from the hug
*Why is she acting weird?*
She stared at everyone briefly as she ran her hand through her hair
"I can explain" she said staring fixedly at the receptionist
"Forget it. Take your things and go with your foster mum"
"No. I don't want to go home yet. I'll come home on Saturday" she replied
"Why don't you want to come home?. Did I do anything wrong.?" Mrs. De Castro cried
"No mum. You didn't do anything wrong. I just want to be here for sometime. We'll meet in court" she replied and walked back inside the home after winking and waving at us.
"Oh no.  She didn't..." I yelled and I followed her
"I want you to meet my friends" she said to me when she saw me walking at her back
"I don't want to" I glared at her
"Don't be like that. You'll like them" she replied and she dragged me

*Two Hours Later*

I totally forgot my parents were waiting downstairs.
Pleading didn't make her change her mind
I understand that she's caught up in the middle but I feel it worths leaving her house without informing anyone.
"She still doesn't want to come home" I told my parents and Mrs. De Castro
Mrs. De Castro nodded
She took her bag and she left.
My parents looked sad too and we left almost immediately.
****************************************************************************
'Ciara's pov'

It was 9pm. My friends had slept.
I made up my mind that I'd choose my real parent because of Clara. I understand she had a hard time dealing with the fact that I got missing because she thought she was at fault.
I still feel bad that I'll have to leave my mum.
It's hard...Really hard
My phone buzzed. I grabbed it from the drawer and unlocked it.
It was a text from an unknown number.
"I might have not been the best dad in the world or even the dad you've always wanted but I love you and I've always loved you. Any decision you make is fine but always know we love you so much. You can always come to our place though. I love you.
                                                                                                                                                   ♥ Dad "

"back to square one" I muttered
"I love you too, Dad" I cried
I let tears flow freely and I made another decision.
I'll rather let the court decide than pick a side.
****************************************************************************
Manila Family Court

Two Weeks Later

'Ciara's pov continued'

I walked into the court room with mixed feelings. It was time.
The case has been adjourned several times. I was ready to end it today because it breaks my heart that I can't be with both families.
I sat with alone in the court room. My real parents were smiling at me. My foster parents were at my back so I couldn't see them.
"Good morning everyone" the judge greeted
"So over to the change or circumstance hearing for Mr and Mrs Santos" he added
"Is Mr and Mrs Santos present" The judge asked
"Yes, your honour" They replied
"Is Ciara here?" He asked then he scribbled something
"Ye..ye..yes sir...I mean your...your honour.." I stammered
"Are the foster parents, Mr and Mrs De Castro present"
"Yes" They chorused
I turned stylishly to have a quick glance at them
"I understand you submitted a statement, Mr and Mrs Santos" he said looking at them
My mother smiled and said yes.
I looked at Clara and she gave me this 'I didn't know about this look'.
I turned to look at Mum. It was obviously she was fighting tears.
"Mr and Mrs De Castro, is it accurate that Ciara got missing in your care" The judge probed
"Ye...yes" mum stammered
I clenched my fist in anger. I thought I told them to keep it away from the court
"Sir, I left on my own. It was for a few days" I yelled
"Did they maltreat you?" The judge asked me
"Definitely not sir" I replied
"I got tired of thinking of who to be with so I went to the group home"
He looked at me then he scribbled something and said
"I've checked the DNA test and it is certified that they are your parents. They provided pictures to show you're a member of their family. We made investigations if they looked for you years back .They filed a report that you were missing. The residence of your biological parents could accommodate you and it'd be better for you, psychologically because your group home sent a statement about the fact that you had a hard time remembering your past" he said to me
"Mr and Mrs Santos, do you feel capable of responsibly  caring for Ciara now if she's placed on your care?"
"Yes" Mr and Mrs santos chorused happily
"Ciara, would you like to return to your foster parents?" The judge inquired
"Yes, your honour" I muttered lowly
My mother gasped in surprise
"Ciara" Clara called
"Does that mean you don't want to be reunited to your biological parents?" he asked
"No, your honour. I still want to be reunited with them"
"You're at this same thing" The judge shook his head
"Here's my judgement. Ciara should be reunited with her biological parents. She should be with them on weekdays and with her foster parents on weekends. That would go on till Mr and Mrs De Castro find another replacement after the adoption fair" The judge said
He issued a certificate to show I was Ciara Santos now.
*Sounds kinda cool  and it seems like a fair judgement*
I ran to hug my mum when we were done with the certificate issue
By mum, I mean Mrs. De Castro and mother is Mrs. Santos.
I cried in her arms for minutes then I hugged my dad for some minutes.
We went to school when we were done with the court proceedings.
School was fun. Clara officially introduced me to her friends in school.
They all kept admiring my hair.
The same people that told me I was scary.
It was Friday, I get to spend the weekend with mum and dad.
It made me really glad. I'll get to spend quality time with them.
I wasn't really happy with the court's verdict but it's nice.



Don't forget to comment and subscribe

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU BY GEJUMI

THE PRETTY GIRL SYNDROME (ALYSSA)

"MISTAKE?" BY DERIN LEU